Koh Trong is a small quiet island in Kratie Province. To get there, tourists need to wait for a boat at the port and it would take 30 minutes to reach there. The island is rich with fruits such as mangoes, papayas, jackfruits; especially, grapefruits which have lots of vitamins human body needs. Now, this island has become a popular ecotourism site in Kratie province.
What should you do after you reach this island?
1. You should rent a bicycle to a ride on this island to see daily life of people. There is one elementary and you should drop by and chit chat with the pupils.
2. You can give a hand if you see villagers doing their farm. It will be a wonderful life-experience for this trip because once you decide to help them, you have to be patient as farming is such a difficult job.
3. Cycling to the river behind the village. You will enjoy the beautiful scenery similar to the Sahara Desert. You can swim in this river just like you own this place.
4. On this island, there are many kind of fruits yet grapefruits are the most popular in this province. Don’t forget to buy grapefruits for your family as it is very delicious and natural.
5. There are home-stays on this island with affordable price. Local foods are what you must eat because the taste is really yummy and different from other dishes you ever ate.
6. Enjoy Sunrise and sunset. The weather in the morning is really good to do meditation. When the sun is set, do not forget to capture the awesome scenery to share with your friends.
Latest posts by Chhay Kimhorng (see all)
- Things You Don’t Know About Pchum Ben - September 30, 2016
- A Beautiful Quiet Island: Koh Trong Travel Guide - August 31, 2016
- 3 Foods Reviews from Dim Sum Emperor Restaurant in Cambodia - August 22, 2016